Burning incense on its own is an art form. Knowing when, how and what to burn in the precise quantities, and which technique is most suitable for a certain raw material is a pre-requisite for any incense-maker's training. This will help you understand the pyrotechnic aspects, and enable you to know which material is appropriate for which incense burning (and making) technique. Last but not least, in this course we will learn how to study and appreciate individual incense materials from the natural world, including fragrant woods, resins, spices, flowers, seeds, fruits and peels of fragrant botanicals and animal ingredients used for incense and rituals from time immemorial.
In this fun online course, we'll learn:
1) Types of incense
2) How to explore and observe the raw materials
3) How to burn incense from several incense burning techniques
4) Exploring and observing the raw materials of incense
5) Energetics of incense materials
6) Healing potential of incense burning
7) Incense and its role for mindfulness and emotional well-being
The program includes a kit of key incense materials and tools that we will evaluate during the course and live sessions.
The program is built from 6 sessions, that will take place over the summer on Thursdays, July 15th through September, from 6:00-7:00am Israel time.