This course is dedicated to Soliflores (aka single floral) fragrance family, and is offered to advanced students only. This was designed to be one of the very last in the full Foundation of Natural Perfumery training program. This is a rare opportunity to study with Ayala Moriel - a master and world-leader of modern Natural Perfumery - and truly immerse yourself in the world of perfumery from the comfort of your own home.
This online course is dedicated to the Soliflore (AKA Single-Note) fragrance family, covering the raw materials that characterize this genre, learning about the structure and makeup of the most popular single-note floral fragrances, i.e.: Rose, jasmine, orange blossom, tuberose, violet, gardenia, carnation, etc.. Students will delve deep into minimalist composition concepts and acquire the skills necessary for creating a seamless single-note perfume that truly performs on the skin.
In this course, you will:
- Learn to compare different distillations of the same plant (i.e.: rose otto vs. rose absolute)
- Refine your sense of smell to be able to recognize the difference between same raw material from different countries of origin (i.e.: jasmine from India vs. jasmine from Egypt).
- Develop your ability to manipulate notes to the desired volatility rate, orchestrate nuances of the same flower to appear at different stages of the fragrance's development on the skin
- Pave the way to truly master the art of perfumery by being able to create a harmonious, elegant yet interesting single-note perfume
- Learn how to make a perfume truly perform in all aspects (i.e.: silage, longevity, balance...)
Extrait from Enfleurage using fresh flowers (Review)
Using extrait from enfleurage within a composition
Prerequisites: Must have read the book and completed Citrus & Cologned and/or Lab 101, Fougère, Chypre, Floramber, Opulents, and Enfleurage mini-course. Completed study guides for all essences in the Beginner Essences Kit.
Dates: April - June 2022
Correspondence Course Module:
Study at your own pace and space with this unique program tailored to self-study, that will guide you through the course's textbook, "Foundation of Natural Perfumery" (purchase the book separately). This program is more flexible, as it allows you to choose which modules to study in person at the studio, and which ones to study remotely, on your own.
It is, however, important that you take the modules in the order that they are offered, as follows:
You can register for the correspondence courses anytime, and complete the entire 8-module program at your own pace. Studying will progress according to the self-study guide that will be sent to you upon registration, which will include:
We recommend that you also purchase the essences kit we've designed for this module, which are the raw materials unique to each module, and which are important for completing the practical components of the course.