A rare opportunity to study with Ayala Moriel - a master and world-leader of modern Natural Perfumery - and truly immerse yourself in the worlds of incense and perfume from the comfort of your own home.
This session covers studying the raw materials, perfume structure, how to blend a formula, how to write a formula, building accords and creating unguent and solid perfumes, and basic Opulent formulation in an alcohol base.
Featured workshops: Incense Making Workshop (Indian-style incense cones or Ancient Egyptian Kyphi).
While you can register for the correspondence courses anytime, participation in the live classes is available only at specific dates and times. It is recommended to register well in advance so you have time to get set up with all the materials, and can benefit fully from the live classes.
Alternatively, you can study and progress at your own pace and watch only the recordings (if you're unable to attend the live class time).
The written materials (or self-study guide) includes:
- List of raw materials that are key components for this particular genre (AKA Fragrance Family)
- List of tools and equipment you will need for this module
- List of the exercises in the book, and in which order to perform them
- Additional reading materials and links to relevant suppliers
- Additional creative thinking and exercises that are not in the book, and usually take place at the week-long sessions at the studio.
- Online support via the course's study group. You will gain unlimited access to this group, and get to meet future alumni from around the world
- Future component of the correspondence program (still in the making): Access to online video tutorials (only available at the moment in some of the online courses)
- Receive personal, in-depth, insightful feedback for the perfume-making assignments you've created in each course
We recommend that you also purchase the essences kit we've designed for each module, which are the raw materials unique to each fragrance family, and which are important for completing the practical components of the course.
It is important that you take the modules in the order that they are offered, as follows:
- Citrus & Colognes + Lab 101
- Opulent Perfumes
- Floral Bouquets
- Leather & Tobacco
- Marine & Aquatic